Legal and Company Information
Registered office: Burg-Wächter UK Ltd, Eurocam Technology Park, Chase Way, Bradford, BD5 8HW
Tel 01274 395333
Registered in England, Company registration number: 2199096
Burg-Wächter UK on behalf of its Burg-Wächter or Sterling UK brands may use personal information collected about you to help us develop the layout of our website to ensure it is as useful, easy to navigate and enjoyable as possible. We may also use personal information collected about you to let you know about functions on our web site or changes to our terms and conditions of use.
Consent – By accessing this website, you signify your consent to us collecting and using personal data about you, as specified below in this policy statement. Should we choose to revise these terms, the changes will be posted here so that you are always kept informed about the collection and use of your personal information and when we disclose it.
Personal information – You may be providing personal information when you communicate with us. For example, you may give your name and e-mail address to make a comment about our services or web site or, if you enter a competition or promotion, you’ll give your name, address and e-mail address. We will collect information about your visit to the site by analysis of customer traffic, including the use of “cookies”.
Traffic data – We may provide aggregate statistics about sales, customers, traffic patterns and information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you.
Disclosure policy – Your personal information will never be passed on to a third party. However, we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to enable us to comply with applicable laws and lawful Government requests to operate its systems and protect itself or its users.
Protecting your information – We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorized access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your enquiry further.
About cookies – A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It is normally sent by a web server to you and enables the server to collect information back from your site visit.
Competitions & Promotions – By participating in a promotion or nomination, entrants licence and grant us an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert.
Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 18 years) has parental or guardian consent.
How to contact us – If you have any questions regarding this policy, please use the details under the Contact Us section.
Terms & Conditions
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Burg-Wächter or its associated brands and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites, which are not under the control of Burg-Wächter. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Burg-Wächter takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Internet Copyright Notice
This website and its content is copyright of “Burg-Wächter” – All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Terms & Conditions of Website Usage
Terms and Conditions for Competitions
Reference Website, Twitter and Facebook competitions
- The competition is open to all mainland UK residents, 18 years old or over, excluding households of employees of Burg-Wächter, its agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter, Internet access is required.
- The competition opens and closes at the time listed when the competition post is shared on Twitter and Facebook.
- How to enter:
Follow the instructions provided on the Facebook post or Twitter, or email UKsales@burg.biz for an automatic notification of the competition details. Please put the name of the competition in the subject heading.
- One entry per person. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
- By participating in the promotion, entrants licence and grant the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 18 years) has parental or guardian consent.
- Prize: Details of the prizes to be won are included in the Facebook Post or Twitter – and can be confirmed by email at UKsales@burg.biz. Please put the name of the competition in the subject line. If the prizes for some reason are not available a replacement prizes of similar specification and value will be provided.
- The winners will be chosen from a short list selected by the Burg-Wächter media team and then by a random computerised system from all entries correctly submitted
- No responsibility can be accepted for any entries that cannot be made, are incomplete, corrupted, delayed or not received for any reason whatsoever.
- The winner will be notified on the medium (Facebook Twitter or Website) on which the competition is run by a Facebook within 24 hours of closing date, unless otherwise specified. The winner must claim their prize within one week of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The Prize will be distributed by Royal Mail Special Delivery to address supplied at time of prize claim. Competitors must stipulate if they wish to have proof of delivery, otherwise confirmation of dispatch will be considered proof of fulfilment. Please allow 14 working days for delivery from confirmation of address.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take any element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize, unless otherwise agreed.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity resulting from these prize draws.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to Burg-Wächter and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- The Promoter’s decisions regarding all promotional matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
Promoter and Data Controller: Burg-Wächter Burg-Wächter UK Ltd, Eurocam Technology Park, Chase Way, Bradford, BD5 8HW